Hebrew Word of the Week

Olah: Offering of rising or ascent. An offering made by fire unto YHWH, the highest order of sacrifice. Meaning ascention. It represents complete submission to YHWH's will because the ENTIRE offering is given to YHWH. Greek translation= holocaustos (holocaust/sacrifice).

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Cheesy Mixed Greens

I am trying to add a serving of veggies and/or fruit and a healthy dose of good fat to each meal.  I find that I am not hungry as often...that's a good thing.  I'm think I'm going to try this with just the spinach leaving out the kale and collard greens as I don't really like them but I do love spinach:)  Looks yummy to me!

Cheesy Mixed Greens (serves 2)

that thick layer of melty cheese conceals all sorts of greens


  • 5 oz baby spinach leaves
  • 2 large leaves curly kale, shredded (about 2 cups)
  • 2 collard green leaves, de-stemmed and shredded
  • 2 spring/green onions, finely chopped
  • 4 oz cream cheese, softened to room temp
  • 1 tbsp sour cream
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 1/2 cup grated mozzarella
  1. Combine the greens in a steamer and steam for minutes until wilted (if you don’t have a steamer, briefly saute in a frying pan). Transfer to a sieve and drain well (I put something heavy on them and leave for about 5 minutes to make sure the spinach in particular is entirely dry).
  2. Mix the greens together with the cream cheese, sour cream, onion and garlic. Spoon into a small casserole dish.
  3. Sprinkle over the mozzarella, bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes until brown on top. Serve immediately.

No comments: