Hebrew Word of the Week

Olah: Offering of rising or ascent. An offering made by fire unto YHWH, the highest order of sacrifice. Meaning ascention. It represents complete submission to YHWH's will because the ENTIRE offering is given to YHWH. Greek translation= holocaustos (holocaust/sacrifice).

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Passover, it's almost here! Preparing to "Remove the Leaven From Our Lives" (a video worth your time)

Passover is almost here!  I'm get so excited over all the preparation and anticipation, I love this time of year!  I love our family getting together for this set- apart time to remember the sacrifice that covers us.  I thought about how we are actually entering the time of the season that Yahshuah gave His life in such a violent sacrifice for us all!  What a time it must of been for Him and all who knew or knew of Him!!  It's really quite hard to consider.  Since we are remembering such an awesome, AWESOME sacrifice, we have to ask ourselves if we REALLY understand what removing leaven (sin) from our lives, not just our homes, means...I have something for you (and it was for me, too)!

Removing the Leaven From Your Life (a 50 min. video, worthy of your time.)
I just watched this video from Jim Staley at Passion For Truth  It is a very eye opening teaching.  It hurt me a little because I know that his words addressed my own heart.  In the video called "Removing the Leaven From Your Life", Jim explains what leaven is (pride and arrogance) and he also likens it to the scripture that says, "all the commandments hang on these two commandments: love YHWH with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself, which, if we do, leads to blessings.  Because, likewise, all the sins (in our lives) hang off the sin of pride (doing things my way), which leads to the curses.

This video is worth the watch and opened my eyes to a practical understanding of leaven in our lives.  I hope you can watch this before the Feast!




Psa 139:23  Search me, O Ěl, and know my heart; Try me, and know my thoughts; 
Psa 139:24  And see if an idolatrous way is in me, And lead me in the way everlasting. 

1 comment:

Moira said...

Chag Sameach Pesach!!!
YHVH bless you and keep you this season :)
Next Year in Jerusalem!!
Moira