Hebrew Word of the Week

Olah: Offering of rising or ascent. An offering made by fire unto YHWH, the highest order of sacrifice. Meaning ascention. It represents complete submission to YHWH's will because the ENTIRE offering is given to YHWH. Greek translation= holocaustos (holocaust/sacrifice).

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Quote of the Day


  "Search for God like a man whose head is on fire searches for water."    E.P.L.


I love this quote.  We really are that desperate, we just don't realize it most of the time.  Ever since I read this quote, it has stuck in my mind because of how true it is.  If we could find the focus and determination to hold on to this, life would be an inspired adventure that would never suffer from boredom or lack of creativity or missed opportunity to do good.

May you find truth, for it is light.

1 comment:

Moira said...

Shalom Traci,
Thanks for posting this!
I remember the moment in my life when I felt soooo desperate for YHVH.

It was the best and the worst day of my life. It was the day I REALLY found my savior, but also the day I could hardly breath from the constant state of depression and suicide I chose to live in.

It was the day I realized HE had been there with me the whole time, just waiting for me to surrender to HIS life changing LOVE!

I am still as completely desperate for HIM today as I was back then, but the changes HE has made in my life are amazing, I am not the same person I was! I am so glad HE was there to catch me when I was falling :)
Have an amazing day sweet friend,
Moira