Hebrew Word of the Week

Olah: Offering of rising or ascent. An offering made by fire unto YHWH, the highest order of sacrifice. Meaning ascention. It represents complete submission to YHWH's will because the ENTIRE offering is given to YHWH. Greek translation= holocaustos (holocaust/sacrifice).

Sunday, May 27, 2012

On Bended Knee


I had to post this for myself...it came at such perfect timing...I found this at one of the blogs where I have found encouragement on more than one occasion.  I was in awe how amazingly fitting it was for me, even in the words she chose to write it. I want to share it here...

Abba is always at work, isn't he!


i found it here:


On Bended Knee

Behold, the handmaiden of the Lord, be it unto me according to Your word. (Luke 1:38)
I am not sure if all the ‘ details’ of this struggle are Your will, but, these are my circumstance right now—I cannot change my circumstances, I have tried (in vain!)
All I can do is trust You.  Wait upon You.  Oh, I could fight and thrash and fuss and whine about it. (which I have, sadly)  Or, I could rest and trust and wait.
For, YOU,  Maker of the universe know my name and have formed me for Your very own.  You hold my fragile heart, with all its wild passions and dreams in Your hands.  You love me with a deep and everlasting love
Your thoughts towards me are of peace and hope.  You do all things well.  ALL things. (period)  I was created for Your glory, show me how to best represent You in my circumstances.
A love so divine . . . demands my soul, my life, my all.
We all have secret dreams, hidden struggles or difficult circumstances, right?  I purposely didn’t share the specifics of my current ‘struggles’ because they really are irrelevant.  The answer is the same no matter the circumstances, the dreams surrendered, the struggle or pain. 
He loves us. Period
We were created for HIS glory, not our comfort or wants.  Period
There is but one position, on bended knee, bowing before our King, saying, ‘behold, the handmaiden of the Lord, be it unto me according to Your word.’
The enemy may roar, but this is, by far, the safest, most glorious place we could be.
Blessings,
Michelle
                       Thank you for these beautiful words Abba and thank you Michelle for writing them!  Abba, you are always on time and always worthy of all praise! 

1 comment:

Moira said...

Wow!!! How beautiful, and simple!!! She is right, it doesn't matter what the circumstances are, the answer is the same for all of us :) Thanks for sharing this!
YAH is GOOD ALL THE TIME!!!!!
Shabbat Shalom my sweet friend,
Moira